Friday, June 20, 2008

Goldfinch with flowers

Goldfinch with flowers
5 x 7
2008
Sold
Signed giclee print: $29.95

I finished this painting today. I like it much better than the Robin posted on Wednesday. I went a little wild with the pink and purple! The photo my camera took showed a light pink and blue background. I adjusted it to look as close to the actual painting as possible, with moderate success. I used another reference photo from Allan Wilson of Natures Pics Online. The photo reference did not have a pink and purple background. I can't wait to make note cards with this image!


I am going to take a little break from birds. Today I started the drawing for a 16 x 20 watercolor of Neuschwanstein castle. I have a photo I have been considering using for months but chose a better one from Wikimedia. This one looks like a magical fairy tale castle and shows the mountains behind it. This may take a while!

No comments:

ClustrMap