Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cheetah

Cheetah
11 x 14
2007
Giclee print $95
Note Cards available

I was Artist of the Month at Flatbread Company in Canton for October 2007. I showed 15 paintings and came in three evenings to demo. Cheetah is what I worked on. The lighting was poor and with all the distractions I didn't get very much done there. It was still kind of fun, and after spending many hours on the painting at home it is one of my favorites.

My friend Alan Perrie took the reference photo while on safari in Tanzania. Flatbread bought the painting from me and auctioned it off for charity, in this case to benefit a local food bank. My sister-in-law was the highest bidder and now owns the painting. I have prints and note cards. Flatbread has a new manager and discontinued the artist of the month program. Too bad. They still have great pizza though.

No comments:

ClustrMap