Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Northern Flickers

Northern Flicker 2008
8 x 10
Sold






Northern Flicker 2007
8 x 10


Sold


Note cards available






Above are images of Northern Flickers. They are (obviously) paintings of the same bird using reference photos by Jared Hobbs. He has wonderful wildlife photos you can check out at Jared Hobbs. I have also used his photos to paint a Stellar's Jay, a Pygmy Owl, a tiger, and a Mexican Spotted Owl that is still in process. Thank you Jared!

I seem to be on a bird binge. The Spotted Owl is roosting for the moment and I have just started 3 hummingbird paintings. Small ones. I have bright colorful photos all over my studio and I love them! This is going to be fun! I can't wait to show you. I usually don't work on more than one or two paintings at a time but these are small. Now it is time to stay away from the computer and paint hummers.

No comments:

ClustrMap