Friday, May 23, 2008

Owls

Owl
8 x 10
2006
Note Cards available

I painted this owl as a 50th wedding anniversary gift for my parents. I asked my photographer friend Prasad Menon if he had any owls and he sent me a great photo of this Burrowing Owl. This was before I had learned the art of surfing the web to hunt for images. Please visit Prasad's web site at menonphoto to see very beautiful photos.


Night Owl
8 x 10
2007
Note cards available


This painting of a Northern Pygmy Owl was done using a reference photo by Jared Hobbs. He also provided me with the photo for the owl below. As I have mentioned before, Jared has awesome wildlife photos at hobbsphotos.


Spotted Owl
10 x 8
2008
$225 with mat and frame


This painting of a Mexican Spotted Owl was done using another photo by Jared Hobbs. I started it months ago and finished it this week. The rock is sandstone.












No comments:

ClustrMap